The Same - Just Better
Want a Better Guitar? Buy It From Richards Guitars - If you are serious about the guitar please do find the time to read this. I promise you that anyone offering you next day delivery are not offering what we do!
Behind every guitar sold is our meticulous quality control and personalized setup service. We literally leave no stone unturned. From geometric to cosmetic - every aspect is checked and adjusted as necessary...
We want your guitar to INSPIRE you.
In this first video I introduce you to a customers guitar which is about to go into our workshop for setup and I show you just how many modifications and improvements will be made to the guitar.
This second video shows the guitar going through the workshop process. This process takes around an hour but dont worry - its just highlights!
Its Not Always A Happy Ending
One of my favorite adverts was one by Honda which said at Honda they don't use the word "OK" and instead they use the phrase "What If". I LOVED that advert and found it so inspiring. This is the premise of every guitar setup we undertake. If that means rejecting guitars and starting again - that is exactly what we do.
No Time To Watch the Videos? Here Is the Summary...
If you have bought a guitar before you will know all too well that not every guitar feels or plays the same. You may also know that due to the nature of the major component of the guitar (wood) that they can feel great one moment and awful the next (say for example after traveling half way around the globe on a boat - from some factory in the far east to the UK!)
Richards Guitars offers a unique service offering the more discerning/knowledgeable buyer a host of "players benefits" which will ensure that ANY guitar purchased will give you years of enjoyment - regardless of the price paid. I can demonstrate that a guitar purchased from Richards Guitars will...
Stay In Tune - Longer
Want more reasons to buy from Richards Guitars?
After Sales support
A second guitar setup to your new guitars standard for just £35 - Got a guitar at home that you think could be improved? Drop it in and we will do over £55 worth of work for just £35
6 & 12 month checks and "re-sets". A *FREE follow up service for any of my customers. We will ensure your guitar plays like the day it left our store (minus your own wear and tear of course!) saving you £££ on pricey guitar technicians bills. If we find any parts that are failing that are not due to normal wear and tear we will replace them free of charge!
Over the past 20 years I have worked hand in hand with suppliers, reporting back with fault "trends" and ways to improve products supplied to us. Companys I have dealt with have been listening intently over the years and we know what value our input has brought to their brands.
To summarise, a guitar supplied by Richards Guitars will not just feel like a new guitar, it will feel like YOUR guitar.
* Due to the need to check your intonation & adjust accordingly you must bring in your guitar with BRAND NEW strings fitted (original guage as setup when sold) OR pay our technician to remove your old strings and fit new ones - guide price £16 including strings. It is impossible to check intonation accurately with old strings.
Past 2 Years Of Customers (Image only shows some of the UK!)
Every red marker represents someone who I have supplied a guitar to, possibly starting with guidance and advice online, telephone or in store. I have provided a guitar meticulously quality controlled and set up to their personal specification. I have personally play tested prior to dispatch and have continued to provide back up and support via my live chat service...
- Call us during office hours (Monday To Saturday 10-4pm) on 01789 263333
- Why not book an appointment and spend a morning or afternoon in total peace and privacy? All the advice will be on hand whenever you need it
- Live Help is available which is run by Jon, Jake & Richard most hours of the day 7 days a week
- Richard has written many advice blogs relating to this brand, which can be found at the bottom of the page
- Richard has provided many hours of advice via our Youtube page at www.youtube.com/richardsguitarshop
- Special highlights are often featured on our Instagram
**Unleash the enchanting, harp-like sound.**
The Guild BT-258E Deluxe 8-String Baritone is a masterpiece that promises a harmonious layering of low-end melodies, creating a captivating and almost harp-like sonic experience. Guild, renowned for its iconic large jumbo body shape and heritage of pressed back construction, now presents a baritone guitar that elevates your music to new heights.
1. **Historical Grandeur:** The BT-258E Deluxe 8-String Baritone embraces Guild's iconic jumbo body shape and a construction method steeped in history, delivering a full-frequency baritone voice that's deep and resonant. The addition of two octave strings infuses your music with a sparkling brilliance.
2. **Rosewood Elegance:** The arched rosewood back of the BT-258E projects a rich, full-bodied low end that forms the cornerstone of your sound. The solid spruce top ensures the high-frequency octave strings blend seamlessly, creating a symphonic tonal landscape.
3. **Unique Tuning:** Tuned to B-E-a-A-d-D-F#-B, the BT-258E Deluxe 8-String Baritone resides five steps down from a standard guitar. This tuning provides an unparalleled low-end depth and adds a harmonic layer that's perfect for ensemble play or as a stand-alone instrument.
4. **Deluxe Appointments:** This instrument offers a wealth of deluxe features, including rosewood back and sides, bound neck and body, a Fishman GT-1 Pickup System for seamless amplification, and a beautifully glossed polyurethane finish that enhances both its sound and aesthetics.
The Guild BT-258E Deluxe 8-String Baritone is more than just a guitar; it's an invitation to explore new musical horizons. Whether you're a seasoned performer or an adventurous musician, this 8-string baritone guitar is your passport to a symphony of sound that's both captivating and enchanting.
Elevate your compositions to new levels of sonic grandeur, embark on a musical journey that resonates with enchanting harmonies, and immerse yourself in a world of low-end splendor with the Guild BT-258E Deluxe 8-String Baritone. Order yours today and let your music create a melodic masterpiece that transcends genres and captivates audiences. It's time to add a touch of magic to your music.
|Body Shape||F - Jumbo|
|Body Top||Solid Sitka Spruce|
|Top Bracing Pattern||OX Bracing|
|Soundhole Diameter||3 7/8" (98mm)|
|Rosette||Mother-Of-Pearl / ABS|
|Top Purfling Inlay||Black / White / Black / White ABS|
|Body Back||Arched Rosewood|
|Body Binding||White ABS|
|Scale Length||27" (686mm)|
|Neck Shape||C Shape|
|Nut Width||1 3/4" (44.5mm)|
|Neck Thickness 1st Fret||20mm|
|Neck Thickness 9th Fret||24mm|
|Truss Rod||Dual Action|
|Truss Rod Wrench||4mm Allen Key|
|Fingerboard Material||Pau Ferro|
|Fingerboard Radius||16" (406mm)|
|Fingerboard Inlays||5mm Dots - Mother-Of-Pearl|
|Fingerboard Binding||White ABS|
|Bridge Material||Pau Ferro|
|Bridge String Spacing||2 1/4" (56mm)|
|Bridge Pins||Ivory Colored Plastic with Black Dot|
|Saddle Material||Compensated Bone|
|Hardware Finish / Plating||Nickel|
|Tuning Machines||Guild Vintage 18 Open Gear Tuners|
|Endpin||Strap Button - Nickel|
|Electronics||Guild/Fishman GT-1 with Volume and Tone controls|
|Strings||D'Addario XTAPB1670 - Coated Phosphor Bronze (.016-.070) & Octave Strings (.012 & .014)|
|Included Case||Case Sold Separately|
|Case Candy||Guild Cloth Bag filled with Warranty Book, Promotion Card with Stickers, Truss Rod Wrench, and 2 Guild Picks|
|Upper Bout Width||12 1/2" (318mm)|
|Lower Bout Width||17" (432mm)|
|Body Depth Upper Bout||4" (101mm)|
|Body Depth Lower Bout||4 3/4" (121mm)|
|Body Length||20 3/4" (527mm)|
|Overall Length||43 3/4" (1111mm)|