The Danelectro 59X, Cream delivers both modern playability and classic aesthetics in one comfortable and high quality electric guitar. The Danelectro 59X is crafted with a semi-hollow body with a centre block, which provides the guitar with enhanced resonance and airiness. The body is made from both plywood and composite, for an overall balanced tone; and the double cutaway shorthorn ensures that players have easy access to the higher frets. The bolt-on neck is made from maple, which enhances the 59X's tone with bright and snappy characteristics; whilst the rosewood fingerboard brings plenty of soft articulation. The pickups include a lipstick humbucker at the bridge and a single coil at the neck, for a projected sound is clean and airy, and rings out with plenty of chime. Finally, the Danelectro 59X is complete with a vintage Cream finish and a unique white pickguard.
The Danelectro 59X features a Dual Humbucking Lipstick Pickup at the bridge and a Vintage Style Single Coil at the neck. The original lipstick-tube pickups were manufactured using surplus lipstick tubes that were bought from a cosmetics manufacturer, and featured on many original Danelectro guitars. These surplus lipstick tubes, had the electronics inserted within and therefore made it the lowest cost guitar pickup in the industry at the time. These renowned pickups allow you to achieve a rich and round sound. The use of the dual humbucking lipstick pickup in the bridge position provides a powerful crunch. Whilst the neck single coil produces those bright and twangy tones.
Plywood & Composite Construction
With a double cutaway shorthorn shape, the Danelectro 59X provides players with easy access to the higher frets, as well as adding vintage aesthetics. The body features semi-hollow construction, with a centre block and a hollow inner chamber that enhances the resonance and adds airiness. The Danelectro 59X's body is crafted from both composite and plywood, which together delivers an overall well-balanced tone.
Maple Neck & Rosewood Fingerboard
The Danelectro 59X neck is made from maple, which provides bright, twangy tones, with exceptional sustain and plenty of snap. The neck is paired with a rosewood fingerboard that enhances the guitar's tone with richness and dynamics, creating sparkling highs and firm lows.
- Semi-hollow construction with centre block for increased resonance
- Double cutaway body with short horn shape
- Composite & plywood body delivers light & balanced sound
- Maple neck allows smooth, fast playability
- Rosewood fingerboard provides warm, articulate tones
- Dual Humbucking Lipstick bridge pickup produces sharp tone
- Vintage style single coil neck pickup provides rich harmonics
- Wraparound bridge offers increased intonation
- Vintage Cream finish topped with unique white pickguard
- Coil tap the bridge pickup with the tone knob
- Series: 59X
- Construction: Semi-Hollow With Centre Block
- Shape: Double Shorthorn
- Body Material: Composite/Plywood
- Body Colour: Cream
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Profile: C
- Scale Length: 25"
- Neck Joint: Bolt-On
- Fingerboard Radius: 14"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Number of Frets: 21
- Nut Width: 1.5"
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge Pickup: Dual Humbucking Lipstick
- Neck Pickup: Vintage Style Large Housing Single Coil
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone (Push/Pull), 3-Way Pickup Switch
- Bridge: Wraparound
- Hardware: Nickel
- Pickguard: White
We provide the most comprehensive pre and post sale service in the industry with a combined value of over 100 GBP
Demonstrated by over1000 verified customer reviews HERE
This service consists of:
* Completely taylored / personalised setup service ensuring your guitar plays to your personal playing requirements.
* Unique level of quality control ensuring you cannot receive a poor quality / standard of guitar fit & finish.
* 6 & 12 month check & reset if you wish to take advantage and live close enough to visit.
Please be assured that this service is like no other with over 1 hour spent on every guitar before sale
For further extensive details on this service please click HERE