The Same - Just Better
Want a Better Guitar? Buy It From Richards Guitars - If you are serious about the guitar please do find the time to read this. I promise you that anyone offering you next day delivery are not offering what we do!
Behind every guitar sold is our meticulous quality control and personalized setup service. We literally leave no stone unturned. From geometric to cosmetic - every aspect is checked and adjusted as necessary...
We want your guitar to INSPIRE you.
In this first video I introduce you to a customers guitar which is about to go into our workshop for setup and I show you just how many modifications and improvements will be made to the guitar.
This second video shows the guitar going through the workshop process. This process takes around an hour but dont worry - its just highlights!
Its Not Always A Happy Ending
One of my favorite adverts was one by Honda which said at Honda they don't use the word "OK" and instead they use the phrase "What If". I LOVED that advert and found it so inspiring. This is the premise of every guitar setup we undertake. If that means rejecting guitars and starting again - that is exactly what we do.
No Time To Watch the Videos? Here Is the Summary...
If you have bought a guitar before you will know all too well that not every guitar feels or plays the same. You may also know that due to the nature of the major component of the guitar (wood) that they can feel great one moment and awful the next (say for example after traveling half way around the globe on a boat - from some factory in the far east to the UK!)
Richards Guitars offers a unique service offering the more discerning/knowledgeable buyer a host of "players benefits" which will ensure that ANY guitar purchased will give you years of enjoyment - regardless of the price paid. I can demonstrate that a guitar purchased from Richards Guitars will...
Stay In Tune - Longer
Want more reasons to buy from Richards Guitars?
After Sales support
A second guitar setup to your new guitars standard for just £35 - Got a guitar at home that you think could be improved? Drop it in and we will do over £55 worth of work for just £35
6 & 12 month checks and "re-sets". A *FREE follow up service for any of my customers. We will ensure your guitar plays like the day it left our store (minus your own wear and tear of course!) saving you £££ on pricey guitar technicians bills. If we find any parts that are failing that are not due to normal wear and tear we will replace them free of charge!
Over the past 20 years I have worked hand in hand with suppliers, reporting back with fault "trends" and ways to improve products supplied to us. Companys I have dealt with have been listening intently over the years and we know what value our input has brought to their brands.
To summarise, a guitar supplied by Richards Guitars will not just feel like a new guitar, it will feel like YOUR guitar.
* Due to the need to check your intonation & adjust accordingly you must bring in your guitar with BRAND NEW strings fitted (original guage as setup when sold) OR pay our technician to remove your old strings and fit new ones - guide price £16 including strings. It is impossible to check intonation accurately with old strings.
Past 2 Years Of Customers (Image only shows some of the UK!)
Every red marker represents someone who I have supplied a guitar to, possibly starting with guidance and advice online, telephone or in store. I have provided a guitar meticulously quality controlled and set up to their personal specification. I have personally play tested prior to dispatch and have continued to provide back up and support via my live chat service...
- Call us during office hours (Monday To Saturday 10-4pm) on 01789 263333
- Why not book an appointment and spend a morning or afternoon in total peace and privacy? All the advice will be on hand whenever you need it
- Live Help is available which is run by Jon, Jake & Richard most hours of the day 7 days a week
- Richard has written many advice blogs relating to this brand, which can be found at the bottom of the page
- Richard has provided many hours of advice via our Youtube page at www.youtube.com/richardsguitarshop
- Special highlights are often featured on our Instagram
The Vintage ReIssued Series V6MFR combines the very best of time-served aesthetics and forward-thinking design ingenuity. A trio of Wilkinson WVS Alnico V pickups give the guitar the perfect balance between scorching highs, rich mids and plummy low end, just what you'd expect from a guitar of this nature. The Wilkinson vibrato bridge, meanwhile, features an innovative stagger-drilled block which radically improves the guitar's intonation, whilst maintaining incredible return-to-pitch accuracy.Whether you're searching for your first guitar or your last, every member of the Vintage ReIssued Series is a keeper. Play on.
American Alder body provides resonance, tone and ‘correct weight’ comfort, enhanced with correctly radiused contoured body.
The Wilkinson WVC vibrato bridge featured on the Vintage V6 is a masterpiece of detail. Positive location, 6 screw design provides return to pitch accuracy; perpendicular bend, high grade steel saddles enhance tonality and ‘snap’. Ground base plate corner provides authentic looks. Stagger drilled cast block significantly enhances return to pitch accuracy and classic vintage tone. The ‘push-in’ delrin-bushed arm with variable tension provides the arm feel that suits your style.
Balanced set of Wilkinson WVS vintage-voiced Alnico V pickups, with staggered, chamfered edge pole pieces, for authentic tone and contemporary power. Reverse wound, reverse polarity centre pickup provides hum cancelling in switch position 2 and 4.
Single master Volume control with Tone control 1 for the neck and middle pickup, with 'Custom Mod' Tone control 2 for bridge pickup. Five-way selector switch.
Wilkinson WJ55 patented E-Z-Lok machine heads. Simple, effective locking action for increased tuning stability. Staggered string post heights provide correct string rake angle for smooth vibrato action and correct playing tension.
Hard rock Maple with classic Vintage ‘soft C’ profile for instant comfort, speed, accuracy and great feel.
Traditional 10" radius fingerboard provides positive feel and superior playability.
25.5" / 648mm.
22 Medium profile frets add to comfort, accuracy and overall positive feel of the Vintage V6.
Nusmooth and friction free.
Classic Vintage headstock design for balance and visual appeal.
The V6™ is an original Vintage® ICON Series guitar designed in the UK by the Vintage® design team.
We Provide A Unique Vintage Guitars Purchasing Experience
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, we ship all over the world. Click on our live chat for any help and assistance
There is a price match button next to every product in our catalog. Just click on the button and follow the instructions!
Through a unique collaboration between our workshop, setup service & Vintage Guitars UK Head Office - we are able to provide you the best service whatever your budget.
Fastest - cheapest delivery? No problem. OR a longer delivery time and a slightly higher investment will provide you an awesome instrument setup to perfection with long term support.
If its the latter you wish to receive, please select the "Vintage Custom Pro" upgrade and you won't regret it!
Buying In Store
We have what I believe to be the best showroom experience in the UK.
You are able to book an appointment and the Vintage guitars showroom will be yours for the morning or afternoon (of your choice obviously!)
A totally pressure free, welcoming and supportive experience is guaranteed.
Every Vintage guitar has been set up to our "Custom Pro" standard - ensuring you can fully enjoy every guitar on display.
If you find the guitar that you want to take home, we can provide any further adjustments and fine-tuning to suit your requirements before you leave.
We provide you a unique experience when visiting in store. We also provide the most playable instruments money can buy.
We kindly ask you to respect what we are trying to do for you .
If you want the cheapest price - We provide you all the options and if you want the very finest in store experience we are here for you too.
Price wise to give you a guide - you will pay exactly the same price in store as you would if you paid online, had the guitar setup and delivered. :)
You dont pay a penny more for the showroom exerience so its worth every penny if you can get here.
To name a few that I would hope you would be most interested in.
1. I work directly with the Director of Vintage Guitars and can communicate any issue - any problem - any requirement - straight to the man who can make it happen
2. I have been selling Vintage guitars for 28 years! Nobody could ever tell you they know the brand better than me
3. There isnt a shop in the UK that cares more for their customers and the experience they receive than me - demonstrated by our reviews on a daily basis and customers all over the World.
4. Our online and showroom experience are unique in the industry. A completely tailored approach to ensure every customer gets the service they deserve - and want!
5. We don't SELL guitars - We provide genuine, honest, friendly, specialist support and advice - and for those who feel comfortable - they may make a purchase and will be looked after long term
6. Despite providing my service for 28 years - I never stop being grateful to every customer. If you buy a guitar from me - it helps me keep a roof over my families head! How could I ever stop being grateful for such a gift? If you buy from us. My philosophy in life is to give back twice what I am given and whatever path you choose we will make sure that happens.
7. Need more? Click on my live chat and you can chat to Jon, Jake or myself most hours of the day. If we cant get to the chat you will get a reply - but it will be delivered to your email so you dont have to hang around.. Ask us anything - we are here to help!
Some Vintage Guitars videos from our YouTube channel
Vintage Guitar Videos
We have a new project for 2024. A collaboration between Richards Guitars and our main brands we love. Its going to be so cool! Please subscribe if you want to keep in touch.
Richards Latest Vintage Guitars News
Exciting Update: Vintage® Revo Series™ Takes NAMM 2024 by Storm and Coming Soon to Richard's Guitars! ! I'm thrilled to share some fantastic news about the recent success of the Vintage Revo Series...Read more
Vintage ProShop are giving me and my customers something we have all been surely craving - for so long. Guitars that can literally express whatever your imagination brings up! My Post Apocalypse ...Read more