The Same - Just Better
Want a Better Guitar? Buy It From Richards Guitars - If you are serious about the guitar please do find the time to read this. I promise you that anyone offering you next day delivery are not offering what we do!
Behind every guitar sold is our meticulous quality control and personalized setup service. We literally leave no stone unturned. From geometric to cosmetic - every aspect is checked and adjusted as necessary...
We want your guitar to INSPIRE you.
In this first video I introduce you to a customers guitar which is about to go into our workshop for setup and I show you just how many modifications and improvements will be made to the guitar.
This second video shows the guitar going through the workshop process. This process takes around an hour but dont worry - its just highlights!
Its Not Always A Happy Ending
One of my favorite adverts was one by Honda which said at Honda they don't use the word "OK" and instead they use the phrase "What If". I LOVED that advert and found it so inspiring. This is the premise of every guitar setup we undertake. If that means rejecting guitars and starting again - that is exactly what we do.
No Time To Watch the Videos? Here Is the Summary...
If you have bought a guitar before you will know all too well that not every guitar feels or plays the same. You may also know that due to the nature of the major component of the guitar (wood) that they can feel great one moment and awful the next (say for example after traveling half way around the globe on a boat - from some factory in the far east to the UK!)
Richards Guitars offers a unique service offering the more discerning/knowledgeable buyer a host of "players benefits" which will ensure that ANY guitar purchased will give you years of enjoyment - regardless of the price paid. I can demonstrate that a guitar purchased from Richards Guitars will...
Stay In Tune - Longer
Want more reasons to buy from Richards Guitars?
After Sales support
A second guitar setup to your new guitars standard for just £35 - Got a guitar at home that you think could be improved? Drop it in and we will do over £55 worth of work for just £35
6 & 12 month checks and "re-sets". A *FREE follow up service for any of my customers. We will ensure your guitar plays like the day it left our store (minus your own wear and tear of course!) saving you £££ on pricey guitar technicians bills. If we find any parts that are failing that are not due to normal wear and tear we will replace them free of charge!
Over the past 20 years I have worked hand in hand with suppliers, reporting back with fault "trends" and ways to improve products supplied to us. Companys I have dealt with have been listening intently over the years and we know what value our input has brought to their brands.
To summarise, a guitar supplied by Richards Guitars will not just feel like a new guitar, it will feel like YOUR guitar.
* Due to the need to check your intonation & adjust accordingly you must bring in your guitar with BRAND NEW strings fitted (original guage as setup when sold) OR pay our technician to remove your old strings and fit new ones - guide price £16 including strings. It is impossible to check intonation accurately with old strings.
Past 2 Years Of Customers (Image only shows some of the UK!)
Every red marker represents someone who I have supplied a guitar to, possibly starting with guidance and advice online, telephone or in store. I have provided a guitar meticulously quality controlled and set up to their personal specification. I have personally play tested prior to dispatch and have continued to provide back up and support via my live chat service...
- Call us during office hours (Monday To Saturday 10-4pm) on 01789 263333
- Why not book an appointment and spend a morning or afternoon in total peace and privacy? All the advice will be on hand whenever you need it
- Live Help is available which is run by Jon, Jake & Richard most hours of the day 7 days a week
- Richard has written many advice blogs relating to this brand, which can be found at the bottom of the page
- Richard has provided many hours of advice via our Youtube page at www.youtube.com/richardsguitarshop
- Special highlights are often featured on our Instagram
This superior guitar pack includes a Vintage branded padded carry bag, guitar strap, guitar cable, clip-on tuner, pick and even a spare set of strings.
The V60 guitar pack also includes a Kinsman 10 watt combo amplifier with Gain Control, push button Drive/Clean, 3-band EQ and for silent practicing a handy headphone socket.
With so many excellent appointments normally found on guitars and accessories at much higher price points, the Vintage Coaster Series V60 Electric Guitar Pack offers a lot more than just an exciting choice as a first 'serious' electric guitar outfit, whatever the genre.
With a fast 22-fret rosewood fingerboard inlaid with dot position markers, bolt-on maple neck and solid paulownia body, the V60 delivers bright, clear, resonant natural sustain and soaring harmonics in abundance, captured and delivered unmarred via 3 single coil Entwistle X1 pickups.
The pickups themselves have been specifically designed for the V60 by none other than the legendary British guitar builder and designer Alan Entwistle and are a balanced set that gets hotter towards the bridge. The reverse wound, reverse polarity centre pickup provides hum cancelling in switch positions 2 and 4.
Tech heads may like to know that the Entwistle pickups in the V60 feature quality ceramic magnets, are wound with high grade copper wire and dipped in high viscosity wax to isolate and protect the coils from moisture, whilst reducing microphonic feedback issues.
For non-savvy tech head guitar players, just plug in and listen to the exceptional clarity and full range tonal response that’s perfect for all kinds of music, from country to blues, from pop to hard rock.
A fully adjustable six saddle vibrato unit offers precise intonation, whilst super smooth, closed back die cast machine heads ensure tuning stability.
Vintage Coaster V60 Guitar Specification:
Body: Solid Paulownia.
Neck: Maple – Bolt-On.
Fingerboard: Rosewood Overhung 22 Fret, 10" Radius.
Machine Heads: Chrome Die-Cast Closed Back
Bridge/Tailpiece: Vibrato with Adjustable Saddles.
Pickups: 3 Entwistle X1 Single Coils.
Controls: Volume/ 2 Tone/ 5-Way Pickup Selector.
Vintage Coaster V60 Guitar Pack Contents:
• V60 Electric Guitar
• Kinsman 10w Amplifier
• Padded Guitar Carry Bag
• Guitar Strap
• Guitar Cable
• Clip-on Tuner
• Guitar Pick
• Spare Set of Strings
We Provide A Unique Vintage Guitars Purchasing Experience
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, we ship all over the world. Click on our live chat for any help and assistance
There is a price match button next to every product in our catalog. Just click on the button and follow the instructions!
Through a unique collaboration between our workshop, setup service & Vintage Guitars UK Head Office - we are able to provide you the best service whatever your budget.
Fastest - cheapest delivery? No problem. OR a longer delivery time and a slightly higher investment will provide you an awesome instrument setup to perfection with long term support.
If its the latter you wish to receive, please select the "Vintage Custom Pro" upgrade and you won't regret it!
Buying In Store
We have what I believe to be the best showroom experience in the UK.
You are able to book an appointment and the Vintage guitars showroom will be yours for the morning or afternoon (of your choice obviously!)
A totally pressure free, welcoming and supportive experience is guaranteed.
Every Vintage guitar has been set up to our "Custom Pro" standard - ensuring you can fully enjoy every guitar on display.
If you find the guitar that you want to take home, we can provide any further adjustments and fine-tuning to suit your requirements before you leave.
We provide you a unique experience when visiting in store. We also provide the most playable instruments money can buy.
We kindly ask you to respect what we are trying to do for you .
If you want the cheapest price - We provide you all the options and if you want the very finest in store experience we are here for you too.
Price wise to give you a guide - you will pay exactly the same price in store as you would if you paid online, had the guitar setup and delivered. :)
You dont pay a penny more for the showroom exerience so its worth every penny if you can get here.
To name a few that I would hope you would be most interested in.
1. I work directly with the Director of Vintage Guitars and can communicate any issue - any problem - any requirement - straight to the man who can make it happen
2. I have been selling Vintage guitars for 28 years! Nobody could ever tell you they know the brand better than me
3. There isnt a shop in the UK that cares more for their customers and the experience they receive than me - demonstrated by our reviews on a daily basis and customers all over the World.
4. Our online and showroom experience are unique in the industry. A completely tailored approach to ensure every customer gets the service they deserve - and want!
5. We don't SELL guitars - We provide genuine, honest, friendly, specialist support and advice - and for those who feel comfortable - they may make a purchase and will be looked after long term
6. Despite providing my service for 28 years - I never stop being grateful to every customer. If you buy a guitar from me - it helps me keep a roof over my families head! How could I ever stop being grateful for such a gift? If you buy from us. My philosophy in life is to give back twice what I am given and whatever path you choose we will make sure that happens.
7. Need more? Click on my live chat and you can chat to Jon, Jake or myself most hours of the day. If we cant get to the chat you will get a reply - but it will be delivered to your email so you dont have to hang around.. Ask us anything - we are here to help!
Some Vintage Guitars videos from our YouTube channel
Vintage Guitar Videos
We have a new project for 2024. A collaboration between Richards Guitars and our main brands we love. Its going to be so cool! Please subscribe if you want to keep in touch.
Richards Latest Vintage Guitars News
Vintage ProShop are giving me and my customers something we have all been surely craving - for so long. Guitars that can literally express whatever your imagination brings up! My Post Apocalypse ...Read more
Thank you so much Jon Richardson for taking the time to review your recent experience visiting Richards Guitars. I am so proud to offer guitar players such a dedicated experience -whether you are s...Read more
Howard was one of the first customers to be told about our new development - providing our Vintage brand guitar customers an experience I would like to believe is unique in the industry Howard was ...Read more