The Same - Just Better
Want a Better Guitar? Buy It From Richards Guitars - If you are serious about the guitar please do find the time to read this. I promise you that anyone offering you next day delivery are not offering what we do!
Behind every guitar sold is our meticulous quality control and personalized setup service. We literally leave no stone unturned. From geometric to cosmetic - every aspect is checked and adjusted as necessary...
We want your guitar to INSPIRE you.
In this first video I introduce you to a customers guitar which is about to go into our workshop for setup and I show you just how many modifications and improvements will be made to the guitar.
This second video shows the guitar going through the workshop process. This process takes around an hour but dont worry - its just highlights!
Its Not Always A Happy Ending
One of my favorite adverts was one by Honda which said at Honda they don't use the word "OK" and instead they use the phrase "What If". I LOVED that advert and found it so inspiring. This is the premise of every guitar setup we undertake. If that means rejecting guitars and starting again - that is exactly what we do.
No Time To Watch the Videos? Here Is the Summary...
If you have bought a guitar before you will know all too well that not every guitar feels or plays the same. You may also know that due to the nature of the major component of the guitar (wood) that they can feel great one moment and awful the next (say for example after traveling half way around the globe on a boat - from some factory in the far east to the UK!)
Richards Guitars offers a unique service offering the more discerning/knowledgeable buyer a host of "players benefits" which will ensure that ANY guitar purchased will give you years of enjoyment - regardless of the price paid. I can demonstrate that a guitar purchased from Richards Guitars will...
Stay In Tune - Longer
Want more reasons to buy from Richards Guitars?
After Sales support
A second guitar setup to your new guitars standard for just £35 - Got a guitar at home that you think could be improved? Drop it in and we will do over £55 worth of work for just £35
6 & 12 month checks and "re-sets". A *FREE follow up service for any of my customers. We will ensure your guitar plays like the day it left our store (minus your own wear and tear of course!) saving you £££ on pricey guitar technicians bills. If we find any parts that are failing that are not due to normal wear and tear we will replace them free of charge!
Over the past 20 years I have worked hand in hand with suppliers, reporting back with fault "trends" and ways to improve products supplied to us. Companys I have dealt with have been listening intently over the years and we know what value our input has brought to their brands.
To summarise, a guitar supplied by Richards Guitars will not just feel like a new guitar, it will feel like YOUR guitar.
* Due to the need to check your intonation & adjust accordingly you must bring in your guitar with BRAND NEW strings fitted (original guage as setup when sold) OR pay our technician to remove your old strings and fit new ones - guide price £16 including strings. It is impossible to check intonation accurately with old strings.
Past 2 Years Of Customers (Image only shows some of the UK!)
Every red marker represents someone who I have supplied a guitar to, possibly starting with guidance and advice online, telephone or in store. I have provided a guitar meticulously quality controlled and set up to their personal specification. I have personally play tested prior to dispatch and have continued to provide back up and support via my live chat service...
- Call us during office hours (Monday To Saturday 10-4pm) on 01789 263333
- Why not book an appointment and spend a morning or afternoon in total peace and privacy? All the advice will be on hand whenever you need it
- Live Help is available which is run by Jon, Jake & Richard most hours of the day 7 days a week
- Richard has written many advice blogs relating to this brand, which can be found at the bottom of the page
- Richard has provided many hours of advice via our Youtube page at www.youtube.com/richardsguitarshop
- Special highlights are often featured on our Instagram
The Danelectro 59X, Black delivers both modern playability and classic aesthetics in one comfortable and high quality electric guitar. The Danelectro 59X is crafted with a semi-hollow body with a centre block, which provides the guitar with enhanced resonance and airiness. The body is made from both plywood and composite, for an overall balanced tone; and the double cutaway shorthorn ensures that players have easy access to the higher frets. The bolt-on neck is made from maple, which enhances the 59X's tone with bright and snappy characteristics; whilst the rosewood fingerboard brings plenty of soft articulation. The pickups include a lipstick humbucker at the bridge and a single coil at the neck, for a projected sound is clean and airy, and rings out with plenty of chime. Finally, the Danelectro 59X is complete with a sleek, Black finish and a contrasting white pickguard.
The Danelectro 59X features a Dual Humbucking Lipstick Pickup at the bridge and a Vintage Style Single Coil at the neck. The original lipstick-tube pickups were manufactured using surplus lipstick tubes that were bought from a cosmetics manufacturer, and featured on many original Danelectro guitars. These surplus lipstick tubes, had the electronics inserted within and therefore made it the lowest cost guitar pickup in the industry at the time. These renowned pickups allow you to achieve a rich and round sound. The use of the dual humbucking lipstick pickup in the bridge position provides a powerful crunch. Whilst the neck single coil produces those bright and twangy tones.
Plywood & Composite Construction
With a double cutaway shorthorn shape, the Danelectro 59X provides players with easy access to the higher frets, as well as adding vintage aesthetics. The body features semi-hollow construction, with a centre block and a hollow inner chamber that enhances the resonance and adds airiness. The Danelectro 59X's body is crafted from both composite and plywood, which together delivers an overall well-balanced tone.
Maple Neck & Rosewood Fingerboard
The Danelectro 59X neck is made from maple, which provides bright, twangy tones, with exceptional sustain and plenty of snap. The neck is paired with a rosewood fingerboard that enhances the guitar's tone with richness and dynamics, creating sparkling highs and firm lows.
- Semi-hollow construction with centre block for increased resonance
- Double cutaway body with short horn shape
- Composite & plywood body delivers light & balanced sound
- Maple neck allows smooth, fast playability
- Rosewood fingerboard provides warm, articulate tones
- Dual Humbucking Lipstick bridge pickup produces sharp tone
- Vintage style single coil neck pickup provides rich harmonics
- Wraparound bridge offers increased intonation
- Sleek Black finish topped with unique white pickguard
- Coil tap the bridge pickup with the tone knob
- Series: 59X
- Construction: Semi-Hollow With Centre Block
- Shape: Double Shorthorn
- Body Material: Composite/Plywood
- Body Colour: Black
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Profile: C
- Scale Length: 25"
- Neck Joint: Bolt-On
- Fingerboard Radius: 14"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Number of Frets: 21
- Nut Width: 1.5"
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge Pickup: Dual Humbucking Lipstick
- Neck Pickup: Vintage Style Large Housing Single Coil
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone (Push/Pull), 3-Way Pickup Switch
- Bridge: Wraparound
- Hardware: Nickel
- Pickguard: White
*Over £100 Of Added Value FREE With This Guitar Includes:
- Comprehensive Quality Control (prior to setup). We will reject a guitar that fails this process (geometric or cosmetic)
- Professional Setup, bespoke to your requirements including personal choice of string gauge
- Certificate of Completion, for evidence of work carried out
- 6 and 12 Month "Healthchecks". If you are in the area we will follow up with checks and resets at 6 and 12 months - all on the house.
- New Ownership Reset in the event you sell the guitar on. Improve the resale value of your guitar by keeping your certificate safe. Not only can you show the guitar has been set up already but the buyer has the opportunity to bring the guitar in to us for a reset too.