The Same - Just Better
Want a Better Guitar? Buy It From Richards Guitars - If you are serious about the guitar please do find the time to read this. I promise you that anyone offering you next day delivery are not offering what we do!
Behind every guitar sold is our meticulous quality control and personalized setup service. We literally leave no stone unturned. From geometric to cosmetic - every aspect is checked and adjusted as necessary...
We want your guitar to INSPIRE you.
In this first video I introduce you to a customers guitar which is about to go into our workshop for setup and I show you just how many modifications and improvements will be made to the guitar.
This second video shows the guitar going through the workshop process. This process takes around an hour but dont worry - its just highlights!
Its Not Always A Happy Ending
One of my favorite adverts was one by Honda which said at Honda they don't use the word "OK" and instead they use the phrase "What If". I LOVED that advert and found it so inspiring. This is the premise of every guitar setup we undertake. If that means rejecting guitars and starting again - that is exactly what we do.
No Time To Watch the Videos? Here Is the Summary...
If you have bought a guitar before you will know all too well that not every guitar feels or plays the same. You may also know that due to the nature of the major component of the guitar (wood) that they can feel great one moment and awful the next (say for example after traveling half way around the globe on a boat - from some factory in the far east to the UK!)
Richards Guitars offers a unique service offering the more discerning/knowledgeable buyer a host of "players benefits" which will ensure that ANY guitar purchased will give you years of enjoyment - regardless of the price paid. I can demonstrate that a guitar purchased from Richards Guitars will...
Stay In Tune - Longer
Want more reasons to buy from Richards Guitars?
After Sales support
A second guitar setup to your new guitars standard for just £35 - Got a guitar at home that you think could be improved? Drop it in and we will do over £55 worth of work for just £35
6 & 12 month checks and "re-sets". A *FREE follow up service for any of my customers. We will ensure your guitar plays like the day it left our store (minus your own wear and tear of course!) saving you £££ on pricey guitar technicians bills. If we find any parts that are failing that are not due to normal wear and tear we will replace them free of charge!
Over the past 20 years I have worked hand in hand with suppliers, reporting back with fault "trends" and ways to improve products supplied to us. Companys I have dealt with have been listening intently over the years and we know what value our input has brought to their brands.
To summarise, a guitar supplied by Richards Guitars will not just feel like a new guitar, it will feel like YOUR guitar.
* Due to the need to check your intonation & adjust accordingly you must bring in your guitar with BRAND NEW strings fitted (original guage as setup when sold) OR pay our technician to remove your old strings and fit new ones - guide price £16 including strings. It is impossible to check intonation accurately with old strings.
Past 2 Years Of Customers (Image only shows some of the UK!)
Every red marker represents someone who I have supplied a guitar to, possibly starting with guidance and advice online, telephone or in store. I have provided a guitar meticulously quality controlled and set up to their personal specification. I have personally play tested prior to dispatch and have continued to provide back up and support via my live chat service...
- Call us during office hours (Monday To Saturday 10-4pm) on 01789 263333
- Why not book an appointment and spend a morning or afternoon in total peace and privacy? All the advice will be on hand whenever you need it
- Live Help is available which is run by Jon, Jake & Richard most hours of the day 7 days a week
- Richard has written many advice blogs relating to this brand, which can be found at the bottom of the page
- Richard has provided many hours of advice via our Youtube page at www.youtube.com/richardsguitarshop
- Special highlights are often featured on our Instagram
**Now only available in a cutaway! Photos of original BAR shape for reference**
Our baritone line features instruments that are built to expand and enhance the sound spectrum of your performance. The redesigned Baritone body-shape combined with a scale length of 710 mm both contribute to the deep tones produced, and with the balance and power typical of Furch Guitars. This setup adjusted for ‘B’ tuning delivers tones and harmonics unavailable from an ordinary guitar.
Baritone model 23 shares materials and details with our Millennium line 23 guitars such as Western Red Cedar top and Indian Rosewood back and sides. You may also choose from a range of custom options such as Alpine Spruce top, or the choice of Cocobolo or Madagascar Rosewood back and sides.
- Solid TopWestern Red Cedar
- Solid Back And SidesIndian Rosewood
- BindingArtificial Tortoise with Contrast Lining
- PurflingBlack & White Lining
- RosetteBlack & White Triple Ring with Green Abalon Inlay
- Bridge PinsArtificial Tortoise
- SaddleTUSQ Fully Compensated
- String Spacing at the Bridge55 mm
- StringsElixir Bronze Nanoweb 16-70
- Top FinishHigh Glossy
- Back & Sides FinishHigh Glossy
- Pick GuardAnti Scratch Transparent
- Nut Width45 mm
- Scale Length710 mm
- Fingerboard MaterialEbony
- Fingerboard Radius400 mm
- Fingerboard InlayAbalone Dots
- Headstock OverlayEbony
- Neck MaterialAfrican Mahogany
- Machine HeadsSchaller M6 Gold - Gear Ratio 1:15
- Machine Head ButtonsArtificial Tortoise
- String Spacing at the Nut38 mm
- StringsElixir Bronze Nanoweb 16-70
- Neck FinishSatin Smooth-Slide Finish
- Headstock FinishHigh Glossy
*Over £100 Of Added Value FREE With This Guitar Includes:
- Comprehensive Quality Control (prior to setup). We will reject a guitar that fails this process (geometric or cosmetic)
- Professional Setup, bespoke to your requirements including personal choice of string gauge
- Certificate of Completion, for evidence of work carried out
- 6 and 12 Month "Healthchecks". If you are in the area we will follow up with checks and resets at 6 and 12 months - all on the house.
- New Ownership Reset in the event you sell the guitar on. Improve the resale value of your guitar by keeping your certificate safe. Not only can you show the guitar has been set up already but the buyer has the opportunity to bring the guitar in to us for a reset too.
The Colors Of Furch
Click on the colors below to see each range in full.
Each arrow shows you the next series up or down in the range - so you will see green is the next step-up price wise from blue - and so on.
Richard has over 20 years experience and is one of Europes leading specialists.
For help and advice please call 01789 263333 or click on the live chat
Celebrating 20 YEARS as the....
Uks Largest & Centrally Located Furch Specialist
Richard has been supplying Furch Guitars to customers throughout the World for over 20 years.
Nobody knows them better and we look forward to helping you with any questions you may have.